We don't just go places...we have ADVENTURES!!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What IS it? The Winner!!

Well...THAT didn't take long...

Shasta's the lucky winner...they were Katie's attempt to make drop biscuits with Bisquick. (Yes, we know how much you LOVE Bisquick, Shasta!)

Lately, everything Katie bakes comes out flat. VERY flat. (I think it's an issue with her basic understanding of the DIP-LEVEL-POUR method of flour measurement! Thankfully, such talent was NOT required for the making of today's Snicker Bars.)

We decided to call these "bisquakes" because they were flat like pancakes...Matthew threw one at Ben and it didn't even crumble...hee hee hee.

So...where shall I mail the one we saved for you???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my first dinner for my in-laws. Previously, I had always made "fantastic" biscuits from scratch. They were requested whenever I was available for a meal at my parents' or my sisters' homes. Boy, were the bicuits flat at this dinner! My father-in-law lovingly said they were like sand dollars. He was right - they were hard to bite and crunchy all the way thru!
Keep trying Katie - sometimes the humidity is too high or you open the oven too often to check the progress. gramma has lots of cooking stories.

Anonymous said...

Boy!!!! I wuz gonna comment on Gramma Linda's drop biscuits for my Mom and Dad- They looked like Sand Dollars and were HARDER!!!!. That was AFTER Gramma Linda had tried to open a big can of pears with the can opener we had then (as newly-weds). It was one of the old kind where ya kinda stab it through the top of the can, then pump yer arm up and down energetically to cut around it. Gramma had the energy but not the steering- the cut sorta got smaller and smaller as she went around, The final opening ended up about 1.5" across- ya coodn't even pry a slice of pear thru the hole! After my Mom stopped laughing, she dispatched me and my Dad to the store with instructions to get a "REAL" can opener.