We don't just go places...we have ADVENTURES!!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

GREAT day!

Today was a terrific day...a nice way to roll into the coming week (especially since I'll be spending it away from my beloved fam!).

We've been getting into the festive Christmas spirit a little late this year. Daddy was gone right after Thanksgiving, so we had our first chance to decorate the tree this weekend. Tree's looking GREAT:



Lights are up outside. Ben was creative director for that project. At his insistance we now have a lighted doe & buck grazing fauxly in the yard. Pics will follow shortly, courtesy of Miss Ashley.

Today we had a wonderful time making snowpeople out of athletic socks. Using Patrick's school project as a model, we created our own versions:




Katie got so into the project, she opted to make another creation...a snowbear:

I think they all kinda look like the kid who made 'em, don't you??

What a fun day!! So now, we're practically ready...no baking done yet, but hey, can't rush things!

2 comments:

Angie Litterst said...

Looks like everyone is having fun with the decorating. I'm still hoping to get the living room painted before putting up the tree. I have all the paint and equipment, but time continues to elude me. So I might just have to cyber-enjoy your decor!

Angie L.
(loopie)

Shasta said...

Those litte sock snowbears/boys/girls were adorable!! I'm amazed at how the kids have each changed so much in so few months.

I hope you have a safe trip and a very Merry Christmas and a very blessed New Year!!