We don't just go places...we have ADVENTURES!!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fun in the Sun...and the heat...and the rain....

Saturday was probably one of the worst days to have an outdoor ANYthing.

It was hot.
It was sticky.
It was extremely sunny.

It was a BLAST!!

Katie and I went to Awakening Music Festival at Bull Run Park with a group of equally insane but enthusiastic folks. We joined the early-bird crowd at 9 am, staking our claim to a *good* lawn seating spot when the gates opened at 11 am. (Just for the record—that’s a LONG time to wait then it’s already over 90 degrees outside!)

Thunderstorms (severe ones, even!) threatened on and off during the day, but the crowd prayed them away. YAY God! In the end, we were treated to a bit of a nice cooling rain and some FABULOUS music. Not a dud act in the bunch...I even enjoyed Skillet and found out that I know more of their songs than I thought, hee hee hee. Gee, who'd have thunk it? Discovering my "inner metal head" at 40? My brothers will be sooooooooooo proud!

Check out the day in my pictures here. Not nearly as cool as the slideshow as one of the other moms did, but hey…

I FINALLY got to see the Newsboys live & in concert! WHOO HOO! (Ever wanna feel really old and super young at the same time? Go to a concert for one of your favorite bands with your teenage kid!!)

Came home tired, sunburned and toting some good memories!

3 comments:

D said...

I hate that I missed Skillet. I've seen the Newsboys enough that I don't mind missing them. Actually saw in 89 in the mud at Creation when nobody had any idea who they were and Peter Furler was still their full time drummer.

Shasta said...

I so need to get together with you and the kidlets!! Miss ya!! Sounds like you all had a blast. I would say I missed being there but I hate the heat and would have ended up sick I'm sure.

Angie Litterst said...

Wow Angie!

You're a real trooper! My daughter hasn't provided me with that experience yet - and I'm not necessarily complaining. She already considers me an old lady. I can just imagine what she'd think seeing me surrounded by so many young'uns! :)

Angie (the Loopie)