We don't just go places...we have ADVENTURES!!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cheeseburgers and Cheesy Grins

Yes, I know...but cut me some slack...I'm catching up NOW!!! Ben started school this year--BIG stuff for a little guy! Since they stagger the first day of school for the newbies, he didn't get on the bus the first day when the others did. So I took him out for a Mommy-date. Told him to pick any place he wanted. Ben stated that he wanted a "VERY fancy lunch!" Anticipating something like Red Lobster (his current fave, since the hostess will take the live lobsters out of the tank and let him play with 'em!) and a quick change of clothes from the capris and tee I'd donned for the First Day of School breakfast, I asked: "where would you like to go?" Standing up straight, tall and enthusiastic, he shouted "WENDY'S!!"

So off to Wendy's we went for his *VERY fancy lunch* of chicken nuggets and a cheeseburger.

Thank God for my wonderful cell phone camera! I will always treasure those special moments over a *VERY fancy lunch*, sharing giggles and seriously cheesy grins.

I hope we can always enjoy our time together as much as we did that day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dreamer124 said...

oh my goodness, your blog brought a smile to my face...for truly it is the little simple things in life that we share with those we love that we will remember in days past. My children are grown, but I have so many little antecdotes of them. I began putting them down into paper and pen form many years ago and later they turned into a file on the computer, but one day I will compile them and give each of them a book of special memories. With the camera phones of today, you can even add the photo's that catch those moments! Enjoy the childhood and youth of your children, they do grow up so fast! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. You captured it well.
It brings back memories of when Danielle was little and we had gone to a buffet and she said "RED SQUARE JELLO! This must be a good restaurant" I love the joy and simplicity of childhood.